Friday, January 9, 2009

My Calendar


At the first of the year, I usually think about things that are going to happen during the year. I start thinking about special services, youth events, jr. camps, and promotions. It doesn’t take long for the calendar to fill up. Suddenly, I find myself rearranging to accommodate “unplanned” circumstances.
But today, I stopped to ask myself if I had written into my schedule any time for Jesus. I went back through my calendar and found that there was not one entry titled “Prayer time” or “Study God’s Word.” I also noticed that I had not set aside any time to spend with my family. I came to realize that prayer time and time with family are often things that happen as a result of little “gaps” in our calendars.
How much greater would our relationship with God be if we penciled Him into our calendars, and then kept those appointments? In 2009, let’s write Jesus into our datebooks. I think we will find those will be the most valuable moments of the year.
Just a little thought...Steven J.

1 comment:

Just a thought said...

May I recommend a book that has been a real help to me in keeping what is the most important to first on, in and in place on my calendar, First things first, by Steven Covey. May you reach your highest goal?

Mervi